Friday, March 5, 2010

Tiger & Kelly - Another Mistress?

Just kidding!

I have some book news to share – some interesting tidbits I’ve found in the news over the last few days. First, apparently the Tiger Woods camp will be publishing a book this June on the infamous golfer. The book will be titled: "Unplayable: An Inside Account of Tiger's Most Tumultuous Season". Another book also slated for later this year will simply be called "Tiger Woods", written by People Magazine's Steve Helling. Find out more about it here. What do you think? Would you read this simply in light of his sex scandal?

Are there any Hills or City fans in the house? If so, the no-nonsense boss at People's Revolution, Kelly Cutrone, is coming out with her own book! It will be titled: "If You Have to Cry, Go Outside: And Other Things Your Mother Never Told You." This one I may actually pick up - she offers some advice on workplace behavior as well as stories on her own professional development - I'm sure it will not disappoint! I think she's super harsh, and I'm so happy my supervisor isn't her, but I can appreciate her drive and hard work for sure.


It has been a good week thus far, despite a slightly rough ending on Monday. This is my first week in my new office, and everything has been great - the people, the transition into new work, and the facilities! The building is MUCH newer and more modern than the one I was in, and the bathrooms rock compared to the 60s style (or possibly older) rooms we had in the other place. Bathrooms are a big deal to me! I cannot be comfortable in unkempt facilities - although our janitorial staff did do the best with what they had.

Moving on.. haha.. I call myself a 'power commuter' because I get up in the wee hours of the night to make my trek downtown each day. My day begins at 4:27 AM and ends between 9 and 9:30 PM. Now, because of this new position, I'm a hardcore power commuter b/c I'm utilizing almost every form of transportation - my car, a commuter bus, the train, and walking! On Monday afternoon, I began my journey home with the standard dash between my office and where I get on the bus. Picture this - a line of 30-40 people standing on a sidewalk at a bus stop. I am near the end of this line. Two commuter buses pull up, both for the same route. The majority of the line walks toward the first bus. I glance to see if any others are making moves to the second bus, no one is, so I proceed. Out of nowhere these 2 men came up behind me just as I'm ready to board the bus and the first man puts his arm up in front of me, blocking me from stepping onto the bus. Of course, I was caught off guard, because as I said, I did not notice anyone migrating toward that second bus. The man told me in a snotty tone that I was cutting line and I needed to move. Then the next man in line mumbled some smart ass remark. Then,
as though we've rescinded to elementary school, the bus driver and some ladies on the bus start busting out laughing, taunting me with "Well you told her" and those 2 jerks joined in with the laughter. It was a sweet ending to my first work day to say the least. I don't get how people can be so rude!

Did anyone else watch the birth of Pam and Jim's baby on The Office last night? Man, do I LOVE that show!! My favorite parts were seeing Dwight get out of Pam & Jim's bed naked, and then Jim demonstrating to Pam the proper way to breastfeed! HAHA!! It was hilarious!

P.S. - Stay tuned everyone - Charles will be on his way home this afternoon!!!

P.P.S - I cannot get this underline to go away - sorry - it's a distraction!


No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Like: