Saturday, September 19, 2009

Passionate About Having A Passion

I love books. I love to look at books, hold books, smell books, and buy books. Why, then, did I choose a career path that involved nothing about books? I almost daily find myself wondering why I went into the field I did when one of my life's passions stares me right in the face each morning as I take the train into downtown. No regrets, however!

Either way, here I am in Blogger land - ready to spill the beans on books I've read, are currently reading, or just happy little book findings along the way. I'm not new to the blogging community - I've been reading blogs faithfully over the last year and a half. However, I am moderately new to having my own and sharing my thoughts.

My reason for creating this blog is because I always find myself wanting to converse with others about the book I'm currently reading. I used to be apart of a book club, but quit because I just had too many books of my own I wanted to read, and I couldn't keep up with their books and mine. Other than hopes of my blog generating conversation, I also just wanted a way to pay tribute to the book of choice at whatever point in time I am reading it. I often finish a book with mixed feelings - happy because I've finished and found out whatever was meant to be discovered, but guilt because I just throw it in my Sterlite storage container and move on to the next book without much thought. Of course, I'd like to sit and ponder what I had just read in that book, but a minute or two of thought, then tossing it away doesn't seem right to me. I'm not a fast reader by any means, but I'm also not the kind of reader who wants to read books in search of great themes or writing styles or all that goes along with reading classic literature. Granted, I enjoyed the teacher-guided classic lit books in high school/college, but now I personally just want a "mindless read" - something that will both entertain me, but not cause me to stress over getting through all the thick analogies and themes.

With all of that said, I look forward to documenting all things book-related!

1 comment:

  1. woo hoo!! so glad you are kicking off your blog!! love it already!!

    ReplyDelete

You May Also Like: