Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Scoot Over Skinny: The Fat Nonfiction Anthology

I'm just going to cut to the chase here so that your time is not any more wasted than mine was by reading this book - it. was. TERRIBLE.  From the moment I started reading this book I knew it was going to be a struggle to finish it.  I expected inspirational stories from current and/or former overweight people.  However, this book was basically just stories about interactions with fat people, or fat people giving their negative stories about how society has perceived them.  Each chapter had a different author, and some of them were written so philosophically that my eyes were burning with each word I read. 

I give this book a half star out of 5 - biggest waste of my time ever! 

I've had too many so-so books in a row and I just had to redeem myself with a guaranteed 'goody'... I'm reading the 4th book in the Alex Cross Series - Cat & Mouse - by James Patterson.  I know this book will deliver exactly the page-turning cravings I've been desiring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Like: