Thursday, February 18, 2010

Do You Ever Have This Issue?

I’m 2/3 of the way through “Become a Better You.” And just like Joel Osteen’s other book, I love this one as well! This book has so much good information, that it’s hard to remember it all. Have you ever read a self-help book and at the time of reading it you’re thinking “Yeah, this is great, I’m going to put this all into practice”, but just as soon as you lay the book down, you practically forget what you read? That’s just how I feel with Joel’s books – the stuff he talks about is so great, and makes perfect sense, but then I have a hard time recalling all of those great things I’ve read about and applying them to my day to day life. Maybe I need to start taking notes or carrying a highlighter with me!

On another note, I’m really looking forward to the weekend! I don’t have any special plans, but I have a good feeling it’s going to be a productive one – I’ve been on a good roll since the week off of work due to the snow… I love it! I’m also looking forward to making some delicious food – cooking and thinking about cooking always calms my spirit, and that’s what I’m needing right about now. I’m thinking about making this White Bean and Sausage Stew tomorrow – I’ll post the link to the recipe later – it sounded good, and what isn’t good that comes out of a slow-cooker right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Like: