Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Doh! (said to the tune of Homer Simpson)

I had just arrived inside the Metro station, quickly stealing a spot along the crowded platform, and reached into my bag only to discover I had forgotten my book in the office!!! AAAHHHH!!! Having no book to occupy myself for the commute sure does make for a long 40 min train ride home! There was actually a moment where I contemplated running back to the work place to grab the book…just for a split second. I have been so engrossed in this book since having started it on Monday, and honestly, if rush hour wasn't such a mad house in this city on a daily basis, I would have ran back for it! Anyone who's visited/lives in DC can attest to that I'm sure!

The book is The Amazing Adventures of Dietgirl, and I'm having trouble putting it down (well, not enough trouble that I was able to forget it obviously!). I have a good excuse for it not being in my bag, however. Although this wasn't the case today, some days I am so raveled up in my book that even when my train arrives at my stop downtown, I will continue to read the book for the 4 blocks I have to walk to my office. I'm sure I look like a complete fool/nerd doing this! Who cares – a good book is worth this silliness! At any rate, my luck was working against me today. After I arrived at my desk, I began my morning routine which includes turning on my computer immediately upon arrival. It takes so long to boot up, so this morning I decided to finish the chapter I was reading. I rarely do this – usually I turn on my computer and start preparing my tea or putting my lunch in the fridge. Today I couldn't put the book down! Of course, who walks around the corner to my desk but one of top managers. Great. It was one of those moments where you'd almost look just as bad explaining "I swear I wasn't reading on the job", as opposed to just sitting there and acting as though you weren't doing anything wrong. In reality, I was 10 min early, and I was just waiting until my computer was ready to go. But still!

For once I'm actually looking forward to going to work tomorrow…but only to get my book!

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Like: